vSphere VM to AWS migrationAbout The Customer The Need Our Solution Result
VMware virtual machine to AWS
About The Customer: Our customer is a leading IT consultant and service provider to various Fortune 500 customers in North America.
The customer had a lot of VM machines in multiple channel data centers all across the world.
The Need: Our customer has been using an on-premise data center which faced many issues such as:
- Upfront hardware and software cost
- Difficulty in capacity building and deployment
- Required dedicated resources for maintaining the data center
They have felt the need to migrate to a cloud-based data center which would reap them far-reaching business returns.
Our Solution: A great quality time was invested to understand the existing environment and correlating/building a suitable AWS environment, which was achieved based on the following factors:
- Comparing cost consumed in the CapEx / Data Center vs AWS Cloud environment, and finding the benefits of Return On Investment
- Defining the required hardware and software environment over the AWS
- Ascertaining the cloud model private/public/hybrid
- Ensuring the data security and layout the compliance that is to be followed
- Analyzing the feasibility for Horizontal/Vertical scalability of the environment
- 35% reduced infrastructure cost
- Successfully supports 1,000 requests per second
- Data migrated from on-premises to AWS
- 62% increase in economies of scale after moving to AWS cloud
- 99.99% availability of servers